1. Pack In, Pack Out:
You need your hands to be free to explore on your next adventure, so finding the right pack is crucial. We love when a pack is also guaranteed for life and made in the USA like this one.
- Scout Pack in Olive Drab ($135) - Duluth Pack
2. Fuel Your Body while you nourish your soul:
You don't have to travel far to find good snacks. Local Minnesota granola and cookies are easy to bring anywhere and are loaded with only the good stuff to keep you going strong.
- Cranberry Apple Granola ($5.95) - Crapola!
- Boundary Waters Blueberry Kakookie ($2) - Kakookies
3. Drink Up:
It could be water, or wine, but either way you want to make sure you don't go thirsty. A large stainless steel water bottle will keep your drink cold for 24 hours, and the ones from S'well also give those in need access to safe water. If you choose wine, a stainless steel wine glass is a must. It's light to carry and won't break in your pack.
- 25oz. Water Bottle in Smoky Quartz ($45) - S'well
- Stainless Steel Wine Glass ($20) - Lake + Co.
4. Say it loud:
A merino wool tee is not only fashionable, but functional. Merino wool's incredible antimicrobial properties allow it to be washed only about a third as often as other fibers- and you won't stink either! Added bonus- it's made right here in Minnesota! And while a cotton tee might seem basic, its impact can be INSPIRED. A portion of the proceeds of this Happy Camper tee go to the Association of University Women. And don't forget to top it off with a trucker hat inspired by days on the lake.
- Unisex Starry Loon Merino Wool Tee ($55) - Borealis Wool
- Women's Happy Camper Tee ($28) - The Bee & The Fox
- Canoeist Trucker Hat ($28) - Sanborn Canoe Company
5. Take Note:
Your iPhone photoes will help you remember what you saw, but will you remember how it made you feel? Jot down those feelings before they dissapear with the setting sun. A handcrafted leather journal this special might even inspire new ideas.
- RedWinnebago Journal ($60) - Itasca Leathergoods.
6. Sit Down and Warm Up:
there is nothing worse than being cold or not having a dry place to sit when it's time to take a break. A 100% wool blanket with nylon backing that rolls up and stays clipped shut is the perfect fix.
- Buffalo Check Travel Blanket ($150) - Fairboult Woolen Mill
All Products can be found at The Lake + Co Shop - www.thelakeandcoshop.com